xperienced Art Director with expertise in all stages of digital art direction and design, from conceptual thinking through production and product launch. Extensive use of software tools within fast moving creative environments including corporate, ad agency and web development firms. Very adept at multi-tasking creatively and solution oriented.
I’m a very dedicated and seasoned Art Director. With over 20 years of experience, I’ve touched on just about every medium. I’m also excellent working in a collaborative environment and am always looking to challenge my knowledge and skills.
Marketing Arts, Bloomington, MN
Art Director [2004-Present]
Print, Marketing & Advertising: Corporate marketing materials; Annual reports; Direct mail; Newspaper and magazine ads; POP displays; Brochures; Newsletters; Posters & trade show displays; Collateral materials; Identity development; Logo design; Graphic design; Photography art direction.
Interactive & Web: Conceptual direction; Interface and website design; Multimedia development; Site architecture; Animation design; SEO Implementation.
- Story boarded, prepped, organized and photo directed very large and complicated photo shoots for agency’s largest client.
- Responsible for the design and programming of all websites for agency clients, including the agency’s own website www.marketingarts.net.
- Concepted and designed many client corporate print materials, tradeshow displays and materials, package design, direct mails pieces, logos, brochures and collateral materials.
Sagebrush Corporation, Bloomington, MN
Art Director [2001 – 2004]
Responsible for creating corporate marketing materials, direct mail, package design, web design, product logos and advertising.
- Art Director and part of the team responsible for re-branding Sagebrush’s corporate look and message, creating a more efficient, streamlined and distinctive solution in a very competitive market.
- Established brand guidelines and standards for Sagebrush ensuring a consistent corporate presentation.
- Designed interface for “BookTalk” interactive web site. A fun website encouraging grade school children to read, rate and review their assigned books. User feedback was overwhelmingly positive.
Connecting Images, Saint Paul, MN
Art Director [2000 – 2001]
Responsible for developing and designing web interface and functionality, while working in a team environment for a variety of client web sites (3M, Cherokee Bank, Anchor Block, Superior Shore Bank and Yamaha Snowmobiles).
- Designed web site, portfolio and history for BWBR Architects which told the story of BWBR’s approach to architecture.
- Website design for various 3M sites.
- Designed and story boarded web site and Flash animations for Yamaha snowmobiles, which laid the foundation for the rest of their product lines.
- Animated and designed tutorial and informational CD ROM for Anchor Wall landscaping products.
7•30 Creative, Butler Square, Minneapolis, MN
Art Director [2000 – 2000]
Print advertising design, trade show design and also Served as the agency illustrator for various client projects.
- Interactive CD design and production for Honeywell trade show presentations which was used by Honeywell to introduce new services during trade shows.
- Served as the agency illustrator for various client projects.
- Icon and interface design for customer web sites.
Multi-Ad Services, Eden Prairie, MN
New Media Designer / Lead Illustrator [1992 – 2000]
Responsible for directing, and developing art styles with staff on large projects, while functioning as a liaison between the sales and marketing departments which created better communication with clients and prospective accounts.
- Lead Illustrator directing a team of artists. Clients included Andersen Windows, Kohler, Polaris, Lexus, Freightliner, Dodge, Mercury Marine, Reebok, Toro and LawnBoy.
- Designed and created CD and DVD interactives using Director, Flash, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Interactive projects include CD ROM’s for Dodge, Polaris Snowmobiles & Watercraft, JI Case, and California Chamber of Commerce, which were used to assist in ad creation for the vendors.
- Designed web site and artwork for Wildlife Forever (www.wildlifeforever.org).
College of Visual Arts, St. Paul, Minnesota
Bachelor of Fine Art – Illustration and Design
School of Communication Arts, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Computer Graphic Design – Graphic Arts